Amy Adams walks the red carpet while attending the premiere of her upcoming HBO miniseries Sharp Objects during the 2018 ATX Television Festival on Thursday (June 7) in Austin, Tex.
The five-time Oscar-nominated actress was joined at the event by series creator Marti Noxon and the book’s writer Gillian Flynn.
The eight-episode miniseries, directed by Big Little Lies‘ Jean-Marc Vallee, debuts on HBO on July 8. The series follows a woman who returns to her hometown in Missouri to solve the murders of two young girls.
“It really is a beautiful character study of somebody who I felt was so human and flawed,” Amy told People about playing Camille Preaker. “She felt very real to me. I believe, just with my experiences with my friends and in my life, that a lot of us have inside pain. Camille wears her pain — like, literally. I do feel like it’s relatable. I think a lot of people have a darker side, a secret side of pain that they don’t feel like they’re able to share with the world.”
FYI: Amy is wearing jewelry by Sara Weinstock and Walter’s Faith. Guests enjoyed Casamigos cocktails at the after party.
- John Schneider wraps three day jail sentence in less than six hours - TMZ
- Camila Cabello reacts to Ariana Grande's engagement news - Just Jared Jr
- This The View host has been hospitalized after stabbing herself with a knife - TooFab
- AT&T and Time Warner's merger has been approved - The Hollywood Reporter
- Olivia Holt is hard at work on new music - Just Jared Jr