Here’s what the 41-year-old actress shared with the mag:
On David O. Russell making her cry during American Hustle filming: He did… I was really just devastated on set. I mean, not every day, but most. Jennifer [Lawrence] doesn’t take any of it on. She’s Teflon. And I am not Teflon. But I also don’t like to see other people treated badly.. It’s not ok with me. Life to me is more important than movies. It really taught me how to separate work and home. Because I was like, I cannot bring this experience home with me to my daughter.
On knowing she was being paid less than her male co-stars: Yeah, I did. I didn’t speak about it before and I’m probably not going to speak about it forever, because I disagreed with…not Jennifer per se, but people who had opinions on how women should go about negotiating. The truth is we hire people to negotiate on our behalf, men and women… I knew I was being paid less and I still agreed to do it because the option comes down to do it or don’t do it. So you just have to decide if it’s worth it for you. It doesn’t mean I liked it.
On Jennifer’s open letter addressing the pay gap: I’m really proud of Jennifer. What I liked is that it was not necessarily about getting paid, or not getting paid… It’s like we [women] have been conditioned to not be controversial, to not cause problems. It’s about finding your voice.
For more Amy, visit GQ-Magazine.co.uk.
- Bella Thorne is receiving backlash over wearing a fur coat - TMZ
- Amy Adams doesn't agree with Jennifer Lawrence about the gender pay gap - US Weekly
- Taylor Swift is NOT pregnant - Gossip Cop
- Get the latest on the High School Musical 4 cast - Just Jared Jr
- Is there a feud brewing between Gwen Stefani and Christina Aguilera? - Radar
- President Obama approves of Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's baby name - Huffington Post
- Find out what Emma Stone's been up to lately - Lainey Gossip
- This is what it would look like if Full House was a cop drama - The Hollywood Reporter