There’s a possibility that HBO could be bringing Sharp Objects back to television for a sequel series!
Showrunner Marti Noxon opened up at the SXSW Film Festival on Saturday (March 9) about continuing the story. She said that the limited series “didn’t necessarily tell the whole story of Camille’s life,” according to THR.
“Maybe there will be a sequel and we’ll get to find out,” Marti said. “Gillian and I have some thoughts on it.”
Marti added that there hasn’t been movement on a sequel beyond her and Gillian thinking about ideas for the story. She also thinks that not all limited series necessarily need sequels.
“I do think there are certain things that are just limited, and should be,” she said. “I didn’t necessarily think The Handmaid’s Tale needed to continue — that book is just perfect. … It’s only if you can see more [story] and see the world expanding that you should try and go for more.”
- Madame Tussauds will not remove wax figures of Michael Jackson after Leaving Neverland - TMZ
- Get the scoop on Noah Centineo's new superhero movie - Just Jared Jr
- Former Flipping Out star Jeff Lewis just got dumped again - TooFab
- Get the scoop on Katherine Heigl's new role - The Hollywood Reporter
- Camila Cabello is hard at work on her new album - Just Jared Jr